Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dont look at the sun too long







Obviously, I have an obsession with taking pictures of eyes. Since this kinda unnerves people, its usually my eyes that are the guinea pigs for my photography.
Three of these pictures are edits of the same original. see if you can figure em out.

I've found that photography is made up of four basic parts
1. Subject matter- what you photograph is the first factor in determining an interesting end image. Even everyday still objects at a creative angle is good subject matter.
2. Frame- This is in part dependent on the camera lens (wide angle/zoom) and partly a conscious judgement of the picture taker. Getting the subject where you want it in the frame, center of attention, etc.
3. Editing- Going in on a photo editing program and enhancing the photos does what the camera can't do vibrancy and saturation-wise.
4. Picture Quality- Fundamental. the camera helps a whole lot. This encompasses pixels, focus,etc.

I'm in no way an expert but these are jsut some observations that I've found to make all the difference.
More to come : )

2 comments:

  1. cool Jazz! You are always very creative with your pics. What camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks lizzy! I got a finepix F70 EXR, its a power zoom point and shoot, I love it!

    ReplyDelete