Monday, March 21, 2011

The Talent Code

So I havent posted since October and a lot has gone down since then. And if your reading this that probably means I have kept somewhat in touch with you and you know the general outline of events at least. But just in case, heres the highlight reel.

New Hair-
Over Christmas break I got my hair cut and highlighted professionally for the first time.











Nationals-
last day of practice coach always lowers the rim so we can dunk on it. All I have to say is it is a lot harder than those guys make it look.

We went to nationals as the 4th seed. We lost and ended up taking 7th. Our guys went all the way though.So these ones I kinda stole off the nationals website, my AND1 wasn't worth the 100 bucks they wanted for it :) Anyways heres the breakdown of how to do a crazy lefty layup by yours truly.



 Ms. Fake-N-Bake here was crazy. she stole the ball from me by doing the splits and when she fell she did a back handspring thing to get up. Definitely not a human.
This is me being distracting to the person shooting free throws, it worked half the time :)

I either have humungeous arms, or its the inevitable start of relief society flab...either way that girl is about to be caught up.

Overall I had a great last season. I was awarded Academic All-American for the 2nd time, which was one of my biggest goals.  My team was just the team I needed and best people anyone could ask for. Though basketball is obviously not my life, I had a chance to have some leadership responsibility, gain respect from other people, learn a lot from coaches and friends, and shoot I was in shape for a good 4 years :)

Boyfriend- I met a great guy named Ryan. We have been dating for about a month and things are going well. 
 This is us at the local rodeo. Lots of fun. K we are kinda goofy sometimes


Spring Break- with Bill, Tammy, and Reiden in Charlottesville, and a Day in DC with Gigi and Cara.
tired feet
Represent! WWII Memorial
Lincoln Memorial
This duck in front of the capital building was smiling at me :)
DC Cupcakes, like off the TV show on TLC. Delicious. Going clockwise from top left-irish creme, maple, salted caramel, and chocolate squared. Yummmmm.


Senior Show Prep- So its about a month til the show, I'm way nervous and i dont feel ready. Here is my workspace and a few of my works so far. Tell me what you think.
This ones titled "the saint".
This ones called "Iris"
This is "time and seek"
My beloved studio space. :)







2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been busy the last few months! Cute to you and a bf, yum to the cupcakes, and I love your art and photography. You're very talented!

    ReplyDelete